What is Lucky Dumpling Market?
Lucky Dumpling Market has been a popular hub for food, bars and entertainment on the Adelaide Riverbank each Spring since 2017. It is usually held as part of Adelaide Festival Centre’s OzAsia Festival, Australia’s leading international arts festival engaging with Asia.
Lucky Dumpling Market is run by the team behind Gluttony,
the Adelaide Fringe venue hub in Rymill Park.
OzAsia Festival is run by Adelaide Festival Centre.
When is Lucky Dumpling Market open?
Lucky Dumpling Market is open Tuesday – Sunday,
19 October – 5 November 2023. Closed Mondays.
Its opening hours are:
- Tuesday to Thursday – 4.30pm until late
- Friday – 4pm until late
- Saturday and Sunday – midday until late
Closing times vary each night – it stays open as long as it’s busy.
This depends on the night of the week, weather conditions, etc.
Where is Lucky Dumpling Market located?
Lucky Dumpling Market will pop up in 2023 in Elder Park, on the South Bank of Torrens Lake, in the Adelaide Riverbank precinct. Entry is via the riverside pathway on the northern side of Elder Park (near Popeye’s landing), or King William Road on the southern side of the park.. In addition to picnic tables, there is lots of lovely grass to sit on, so we encourage you to bring your own picnic blanket and make yourself comfortable to take in the Riverbank views. A site map will be available closer to the event.
What are the entry requirements for Lucky Dumpling Market?
Entry to Lucky Dumpling Market is free. Food and beverages are available for purchase from the bars and food vendors.
Lucky Dumpling Market is an all-ages event.
No smoking or vaping is permitted in Lucky Dumpling Market.
You do not need to register or book tickets, as it is a non-ticketed event.
How can I express my interest in becoming a food vendor at Lucky Dumpling Market?
Please complete this Expression of Interest online form.
When are the busiest times for Lucky Dumpling Market?
Our peak time is between 6pm and 8pm, and even busier on Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm until about 9pm. If you would prefer to avoid queues, you could consider visiting us midweek, or before or after the peak period on weekends. Also, if a particular vendor has a long line, perhaps visit another vendor instead – all the food is excellent inside Lucky Dumpling Market!
Is Lucky Dumpling Market accessible?
Lucky Dumpling Market is an inclusive venue. Please find our Access and Inclusion statement here.
Which food stalls are at Lucky Dumpling Market?
What are the vegan food offerings?
What are the gluten-free food offerings?
What are the drink offerings at Lucky Dumpling Market?
Lucky Dumpling Market features several bars, including:
- Coopers Bar, serving beer, cider and RTDs
- Tanqueray Bar, serving a range of
- Australian wines and spirits
- Coffee and Cocktails Bar
- Sake Bar, serving sake and beer
Non-alcoholic drink options include:
- Soft drinks and mineral water
- Non-alcoholic beer and wine
- Bubble tea
- Vietnamese iced coffee
There will also be free water refill stations for patrons to fill up their drink bottles – please bring your own bottle!
Does Lucky Dumpling Market operate on a cashless system?
Yes. Since 2018, Lucky Dumpling Market has used a cashless point-of-sale system. This means that all food and beverage purchases need to be made by card.
What should I bring with me to Lucky Dumpling Market?
- a debit or credit card, as all food, drink and merchandise purchases must be via EFTPOS
- a refillable water bottle, to drink from the free water stations
- a picnic blanket – while there are tables and chairs, these are in high demand at peak times, and there is plenty of grass to sit on
- sun protection for during the day, eg hats, shirts, sunscreen – while there are multiple shade structures, the large park is in full sun during the day
- warm layers for the evenings – there is a cool breeze off the river!
What entertainment is available at Lucky Dumpling Market?
Lucky Dumpling Market features a stage, on which there will be live performances. The entertainment program is listed on our What’s On page, once the entertainment schedule has been released closer to the event.
Who can I contact about entertainment or workshops?
Are dogs permitted in Lucky Dumpling Market?
Dogs are welcome in Lucky Dumpling Market, provided they are on a lead, well socialised, and their owners clean up after them. Please bring your own water bowl for your dog to drink from. We recommend dogs stay up until 7pm, after which the market can become busy and noisy for animals.
Can I bring my own food and drink into Lucky Dumpling Market?
Patrons are not permitted to bring any alcohol into Lucky Dumpling Market; it is against our liquor license’s conditions.
You are permitted bring small amounts of food into Lucky Dumpling Market – although with so many wonderful food options, we encourage you to purchase from our food vendors!
You are invited to bring your own drink bottle and make use of our free water refill stations. Please ask our bar staff if you need help locating water.
Is there shelter at Lucky Dumpling Market?
There are shade tents for sun and rain cover, the rotunda, a covered sake bar, and umbrellas over picnic tables. It is an open-air site, so we recommend you prepare for the forecast weather and bring your own sun protection and rain gear.
Where is the nearest car parking, including accessible parks and drop-off points?
Lucky Dumpling Market’s location in Elder Park is adjacent to the Adelaide Festival Centre; you can see the parking suggestions on their website here. For on-street parking, you can try War Memorial Drive or Victoria Drive. According to the City of Adelaide website, the nearest accessible car parks are on War Memorial Drive near the northern end of the Riverbank Footbridge, Victoria Drive near Jolley’s Boathouse, and Festival Drive near the Adelaide Festival Centre.
Please note that entry for Lucky Dumpling Market is via the riverbank pathway on the northern side of Elder Park (near Popeye’s landing), or King William Road on the southern side of the park. These gates can be accessed from the following drop-off points:
- Adelaide Festival Centre drop-off point outside Banquet Room, at north-eastern corner of Festival Centre. Take paved paths a short distance north along King William Rd, then left down the path along the southern edge of Elder Park, then right along the riverbank pathway
- Jolley’s Lane off Victoria Drive. From the end of Jolley’s Lane, take the paved riverbank pathway west, passing under the King William Rd bridge, and staying on the path as it curves north and comes up along the northern edge of Elder Park
- Festival Drive off Montefiore Rd, near the lift at the southern end of the Riverbank Footbridge. After taking the lift down, you can then travel on the paved switchback path down to the riverbank pathway, then east to reach Lucky Dumpling Market’s entrance.
What measures have Lucky Dumpling Market taken towards being environmentally sustainable?
Lucky Dumpling Market strives to be environmentally responsible. All plates, bowls, cutlery and cups are compostable, and wine is served in reusable glasses. We have avoided using single-use plastics wherever possible. A three-bin system is in place to separate compostables, recyclables, and general waste. We encourage you to bring in your own drink bottle.
Where can I receive updates about Lucky Dumpling Market?
How can I get in touch with the Lucky Dumpling Market team?